PC-LR 40 Micro Panning Clamp Overview
The panning clamp has precision laser engravings for panning angle and camera position, and an integrated 8mm bubble level makes leveling quick and easy.
The PC-LR-40 features a built-in, patent-pending R-Mount, allowing you to rigidly mount it onto any Really Right Stuff ball head stem. This allows using the ball head to level the panning axis, thus eliminating the need for a leveling base in many applications. The increased speed and accuracy offered by the panning clamp makes setup for single-row panoramas a snap.
The PC-LR-40 can be paired with a modular dovetail accessory (TH-DVTL-40) which adds an RRS 1.5" dovetail to the bottom of the panning clamp. This quick-release modularity allows part-time panorama shooters to eliminate the weight off their tripod setup when it's not needed.
The clamp features a central 3/8"-16 threaded socket, and also includes flat-head 1/4"-20 and M6 screws for mounting directly to Really Right Stuff and Arca-Swiss ball heads.
- The finest RRS quality materials machined from solid aircraft aluminum for lowest profile and minimum weight
- Anodized; Type II Black
- Laser engraved center marks
- Laser engraved rotary markings at 5 degrees increments
- Integrated 8mm "bulls-eye" spirit level
- R-Mount (Patent-pending) for rigid mounting
- Lockable panning
- Robust 3 position plate lever release, self-adjusts to accept all Arca-Swiss/RRS-style plates except Arca-Swiss P0 Slidefix and Novoflex plate
- Central mounting socket is threaded 3/8"-16
- Can replace the clamp on the top of a ball head, eliminating the need for a leveling base for many applications
- Compatible with RRS Compact Knob Extender and TH-DVTL-40
- Diameter (Main clamp body): 2.1", 53mm
- Fits inside diameter envelope: (3.25", 82mm)
- Center Socket: 3/8"-16
- Additional sockets: (2) M5x0.8 sockets spaced at 30mm (for TH-DVTL-40)
- Height: 1.1 in. / 27mm
- Weight: 5.7oz / 162g
In The Box
- (1) PC-LR-40
- 1) 1/4"-20 flathead screw
- (1) M6 flathead screw
- (1) 5/32" hex key
- (1) User's Guide
- (1) R-Mount adapter