TVC-32g Ground Pod Overview
Since launching our first carbon fiber tripods in 2009, we have been dedicated to making the world’s finest tripods. With the help of our customers’ invaluable feedback, we continuously make improvements. After years of development, we are excited to present our new Mark 2 Tripod line.
Improved ergonomics make operating the tripod more comfortable and seamless. Additional 1/4”-20 sockets along the outside of the tripod’s apex allow you to attach optional accessories and shoulder-strap mounts. The Mark 2 Tripods are faster to lock/unlock and hold up better to the elements. Redesigned twist-locks prevent grit and debris from contaminating the threads. We added a vent at the top of each leg to allow efficient air transfer when extending or collapsing, for rapid deployment, and takedown.
What hasn’t changed is our attention to detail, high-quality craftsmanship, and commitment to proudly make and hand-assemble all our tripods in the USA.
The TVC-32G & TVC-42G Mk2 "Ground Pods®" represent our ground-height Versa Series 3 & Series 4 tripods. <br><br>The apex's large diameter accepts either a RRS 75mm(Series-3) or 100mm(Series-4) video bowl and leveling base accessories. They both easily support 50 pound loads with the legs fully collapsed and splayed. An extra wide apex-to-leg joint with CNC machined pivot bearings provides high torsional rigidity for solid video panning.
- Twist locks with integrated wipers to keep particles out of the locking mechanism, providing better resistance to the elements
- Improved knurling pattern feels better on your skin
- Collets replace the old locking gibbs, reducing lock engagement to half the travel to lock and unlock faster with less effort
- O-rings help keep threads clean and smooth while providing better tactile feedback
- Vented clevis design allow legs to collapse faster without pressure buildup
- Threaded sockets on the sides of the apex provide better placement for accessories like Quick Detach (QD) attachments or a BC-18
- Less tools to carry when changing apex accessories; the SureGrip accessory ring now uses the same 5/32” hex key you likely have stored on your RRS plate.
- High strength to weight ratio
- Made from CNC-machined 6061 T6 Aluminum
- Solid ring apex for strength and reliability
- Ergonomic spring-loaded pull tabs with visual lock/unlock
- Fast, modular, and customizable design
- Load Capacity 1st Position Fully Extended: 200lbs /91kg
- Load Capacity 2nd Position Fully Extended: 120lbs /54kg
- Load Capacity 3rd Position Fully Collapsed: 160lbs /73kg
- 1st Position Maximum Height: 14.0" /36cm
- 1st Position Minimum Height: 9.6" /24cm
- 2nd Position Maximum Height: 10.2" /26cm
- 2nd Position Minimum Height: 7.2" /18cm
- 3rd Position Minimum Height: 2.9" /7cm
- Folded Length: 10.2" /26cm
- Folded Length (with stud): 10.5" /27cm
- Folded Diameter: 5.6" /14cm
- Weight: 2.06lbs /934g
- Video Bowl: 3" /75mm
In The Box
- (1) TVC-32G carbon fiber tripod
- (2) 3/16 hex keys
- (1) 5/32" hex key
- (1) Nylon stud-cover nut
- (1) User's guide
I recently got into long range PRS shooting and was not completely satisfied with the results I was getting off of a bipod and bag. A friend of mine who is head of our local SWAT Sniper team suggested I try a tripod. I purchased the Verst Ground Pod along with an Anvil-30 ARC ball head and adapter plate. The results were dramatic, accuracy went up, scores went down and the distances I could now shoot accurately too are incredible. The tripod and Anvil ball head are rock solid off the bench and a snap to adjust and aim. As always RRS makes the absolute best gear with superior design and the highest quality fit and finish! Outstanding customer service on top of everything else!